Best Pediatrician in Pune - Dr. Kalpesh Patil
What is Pediatric Surgery?
Pediatric surgery is a subspecialty of surgery that deals with patients ranging in age from newborns to adults. It has its own set of difficulties that set it apart from other procedures. Every part of Pediatric Operation requires special care, whether it is coping with the tiny size of the newborns and toddlers to be operated on or dealing with their reactions to illness or surgery. As a result, there is a case for establishing a separate section for pediatric surgery. Dr. Kalpesh Patil is the most experienced and Best Pediatrician in Pune. He has 14 years of expertise in this industry altogether.
Pediatric surgery is a culmination of technology innovation, medical knowledge, and cross-discipline teamwork to achieve the best possible results. We provide a broad spectrum of services to our kid’s patients, collaborating with our skilled Pediatric intensivists, Pediatric Gastroenterologists, Neonatologists, Anesthetists, Preoperative team, and others to deliver high-quality, safe, and emotionally supportive treatment.
Who is a Pediatric Surgeon?
Doctors that specialize in treating children are known as pediatric surgeons. They’ve received special training in operating on babies, children, and teens.
The path of becoming a pediatric surgeon is one of the most time-consuming and rigorous in healthcare. If your child requires surgery, they will be cared for by some of the most highly trained, experienced, and specialized surgeons available.
What does a Pediatric Surgeon do?
Adult patients are not the same as children. It might be difficult for physicians to speak with them about medical difficulties since they can’t always define what’s going on. Depending on their age, they may be completely unaware of what is going on.
Pediatric surgeons are skilled at making children feel at ease and communicating with them. Pediatric surgeons are also engaged in the diagnosis of disorders and the post-surgery care of children. They may focus on one of four different types of care:
- Prenatal – Pediatric surgeons collaborate with radiologists to detect issues in the womb and schedule remedial procedures after delivery. Prenatal surgery, often known as fetal surgery, is a relatively recent procedure that is accessible at some of the bigger medical institutes.
- Neonatal – The correction of congenital impairments, or birth abnormalities, in neonates, is referred to as neonatal surgery.
- Trauma – When a kid suffers moderate to serious injuries, such as a fracture, cut, burn, or internal damage, he or she will require traumatic surgery. One of the primary reasons why children need rigorous medical treatment is this.
- Oncology in children – Children with cancer or benign (noncancerous) growths are treated by pediatric oncologists.
What are the reasons to see a Pediatric Surgeon?
Pediatric surgeons may be consulted by children and teenagers for a variety of reasons, including:
- A colonoscopy or endoscopy is a procedure that examines the digestive tract.
- Removal of a tumor or cancer
- Problems they were born with (congenital)
What are the procedures performed by Pediatric Surgeon?
- Appendectomy – The appendix may need to be removed if it gets infected or uncomfortable owing to inflammation. In the case that the appendix ruptures, emergency appendectomies may be required.
- Biliary atresia is a surgical operation that corrects a congenital birth abnormality in which the liver’s bile cannot be adequately evacuated. During this procedure, the bile ducts are redirected so that the liver may begin to drain as it should.
- Various cancer treatments – A pediatric surgeon may be necessary to treat a variety of juvenile malignancies, including cancers of the liver, abdomen, kidneys, or pancreas. Prior to radiation or chemotherapy, the surgeon may operate to implant a portocath or remove a malignant tumor.
- Congenital defects – There are a variety of congenital flaws that can affect a child’s capacity to flourish. The most frequent problems that require surgery are malformed lungs, kidneys, and hearts. The surgeon may need to repair the damaged organ before prescribing medication to aid in the continued therapy of an underlying ailment.
- Gallbladder Surgery – The gallbladder might become infected as a result of a virus, a stone, or another medical issue. If alternative treatments fail, the gallbladder may need to be removed surgically.
- Gastroschisis is a birth condition in which the intestines and stomach slip out of the baby’s body via a hole in the abdomen. Immediately after delivery, a pediatric surgeon will conduct surgery to reposition the organs and close the opening.
- Bowed Chest – Braces and other types of treatment may not be enough to fix a child’s bowed chest, which happens when the breast bone and ribs grow abnormally. If braces and other forms of treatment do not work, surgery may be required.
- Reproductive Defects – Surgical intervention may be necessary to remove tumors and cysts or to rectify organ malfunction if a kid has a congenital defect of the genitals.
- Splenectomy – If a kid has certain blood problems or has sustained a catastrophic injury, a splenectomy may be necessary.
- Bariatric Surgery – A balloon is put into the esophagus to limit the entrance and lower appetite, which is a therapy for pediatric obesity.
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a condition that arises when stomach acid flows back up the esophagus. It can be fixed by closing the gap between the esophagus and the stomach, which keeps the acid out.
- Abnormal Pathways – When a child’s trachea or esophagus are deformed, it can cause respiratory and digestive issues. It might potentially endanger the child’s life, necessitating surgery to repair the airway or the esophagus’s passage to the stomach.
- Imperforate anus – A surgical treatment is necessary to allow waste to be removed through the bowel if a kid is born without an opening in the anus, or if the entrance is in the incorrect position.
Pediatric Surgeons are the Best Care for Children
Children should not be mistaken for small adults. They may not always be able to express what is hurting them. They may not always be able to answer medical inquiries or be patient and helpful during a medical check. Pediatric surgeons are skilled in examining and treating children in a way that makes them feel comfortable and cooperative. Pediatric surgeons also employ technology and facilities that are built exclusively for children. The majority of pediatric surgical offices are designed and equipped specifically for children. This includes waiting rooms and examination rooms, which may have toys, films, and reading materials for kids. This helps to create a secure and comfortable environment for your child.
If your pediatrician recommends that your child visit a pediatric surgeon, you may be certain that he or she has the most thorough and full training, as well as the most experience working with children and treating surgical illnesses.
Why Choose Dr. Kalpesh Patil?
Dr. Kalpesh Patil is one of the Best Pediatrician in Pune. He is the most experienced pediatric surgeon and has performed a number of successful surgeries. He practices at Dr. KP’s Cherubs Child Clinic in Pune.
Dr. Kalpesh Patil - Best Pediatric Surgeon in Pune
Dr. Kalpesh Patil is known as the Best Pediatric Surgeon in Pune. He is a well-experienced pediatric surgeon. With his number of successful surgeries, he has become the best Child Specialist in Pune. He is amongst the finest pediatric laparoscopy and pediatric cystoscopy surgeons in Pune. He has also experience in gastrointestinal surgeries and hypospadias surgery. He practices in a well-equipped Clinic in Aundh, Pune with all the modern equipment.